Sunday, July 27, 2008

Corcovado Hill, Cristo Redentor

The statue of Christ the Redeemer, from the taxi on the way to Rio
airport. Of course it's a silly picture of a dramatic and famous
statue of Christ with out strecthed arms over looking Rio, but it's as
close as Alexa and I got, and the iPhone camera continues to impress me.

Last night we went to a club in Lapa (recommended by our newlywed
friends Carla and Fernando, who we met in the Amazon) and shaked and
wiggled to a 10 piece samba band, listening and watching 3 stories of
locals sing along.

Tatoos on the beach. We're wondering if we should post those photos.

Went for a very fun run along the Ipanema and Copacabana beaches this
morning. I've never been on such a people watching run--really needed
a camera in my hat. Many many sexy beautiful women in litttle
Brazilian bikinis. But there were also quite a few not so attractive
women in relatively (much) smaller bikinis. And even more who made me
wonder and shake my imaginary camera hat.

Back to Sao Paulo to see everybody for a few more days before we fly
home.

No comments: